The spring salad with blue potatoes is not only very tasty, but also looks very nice and will surely brighten up any lunch. If you need an idea for Easter lunch , this salad can be a great addition.
If you are looking for a recipe for Easter pint , here you can find a recipe for a vegan and gluten-free version of that dish .
The recipe is so simple that it is almost not necessary to write it down. However, what makes this salad special are the blue potatoes. My mom is responsible for the idea, who once sent me a picture of that salad, and I knew that it would find a place on the blog at some point because it delighted me at first.
In case you have never tried blue potatoes , I will briefly describe them. It is a potato that originates from South America and is the first type of potato discovered in the world. In our country, it started to be grown only in the last few years, and it can be found in some larger stores (Konzum, Interspar). It takes the same amount of time to cook as regular potatoes, and it also tastes almost identical to regular potatoes.
Like other types of potatoes, it is an excellent source of carbohydrates , and what makes it special is its purple color, which is given by anthocyanins . This phytonutrient is not only great because it gives it a beautiful color, but it is also a very powerful antioxidant . Blue potatoes are easy to digest and there’s really no reason not to include them in your diet – at least occasionally.
It can be boiled, fried and baked , and so far I have only tried it cooked in the form of potato salad, so I am sharing that recipe below.
Spring salad with blue potatoes is made in the same way as regular potato salad. Adjust the quantities to your liking, and if you wish, you can add beans or beans as a source of protein to this salad.
(about 2 servings)
- 200 g of blue potatoes
- 200 g of regular potatoes (or more blue potatoes)
- 2 young onions
- 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chopped pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Cut the potatoes into smaller cubes, then cook in salted water until soft (about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the cubes).
- Cut the spring onion into rings about 1 cm thick.
- Place the boiled potatoes in a bowl, then add oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, spring onions and seeds as desired.
- Mix well, then add spices if necessary.