(Vegan | GF l Refined Sughar-Free)
Recipe: 20cm (8”) tart tin with removable bottom
90 g gluten free rolled oats
90 g raw almonds
6 Tbsp. (55g) coconut sugar
1/4 tsp pink salt
4Tbsp. melted refined coconut oil
1 heap cup (150g) raw cashews (soaked 2-4 hours and rinsed)
1 cup (120g) frozen or fresh raspberries (if using frozen berries defrost prior)
5 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 cup (60ml) melted coconut oil
1/2 cup(120 ml) coconut cream
120g (4.2 oz) 70% dark chocolate
3/4 cup (180ml) coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 338⁰F (170⁰C) Place every dry ingredient for the crust in a food processor. Process well until it reaches the consistency of flour.
2. Add melted coconut oil into the food processor and process until it resembles wet sand.
3. Press the mixture against the sides and the bottom of the tart tin. Bake it for about 15-20 minutes or until baked through. After it has cooled down, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour. The crust is very soft but it will firm as it cools.
4. Place every ingredient for the raspberry layer in a high-speed blender and blend well. Add sweetener or lemon juice if you wish. Layer it over the crust and freeze it until set.
5. To make the chocolate ganache, place chopped chocolate and maple syrup in a small bowl. Heat coconut cream until just before boil. Pour over the chocolate and stir together until well combined.
6. Pour the ganache over the raspberry filling.
7. Put it in the freezer overnight. Take out from the tin and let it thaw at room temperature or keep in the fridge until it becomes soft enough to cut. Cut with a warm knife.