Creamy chocolate protein oats topped with caramelized banana, strawberries, yogurt, crushed nuts, shredded coconut and a hot dark chocolate drizzle. These overnight oats have all the components of a decadent banana split, yet are naturally vegan, gluten-free, rich in both protein and fiber and contain no added sugar.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ extra ripe banana mashed
- 1 ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop 21 gm Sunwarrior Chocolate Classic Protein
- 2 tablespoon coconut yogurt – sub for vanilla Greek yogurt if not making vegan
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- ½ teaspoon stevia
- **Toppings optional:
- Remaining half of banana sliced into thick pieces + 1 teaspoon coconut oil, pinch of sea salt for caramelizing
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon crushed nuts walnuts, pecans, etc
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips use Enjoy Life if making vegan + ¼-1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Pour almond milk, protein powder and vanilla extract in a shaker cup or a jar with a lid. Shake to thoroughly mix.
In a medium-sized bowl or a large jar with a lid, combine oats, mashed banana, yogurt, chia seeds and stevia, stir to combine. Pour in milk/protein mixture and mix everything to thoroughly combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 5-6 hours.
The next morning, remove oats from the refrigerator and begin preparing toppings, if desired.
For caramelized banana, heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add banana slices and pinch of sea salt. Saute for ~2-3 mins per side, or until the flesh appears caramelized. Place on top of oats.
For chocolate drizzle, combine dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Nook for ~20 seconds, stir, and nook again for 10-15 seconds, or until chocolate has melted.
Once all desired toppings are on oats, use a small spoon to drizzle dark chocolate on top. Serve!